Our ORCAS program is currently on hold due to COVID-19.
Convenient Dental Exams at School
- The Augusta Regional Dental Clinic takes oral health care into area schools throughout the area. These participating schools and day care facilities include Augusta County, City of Staunton, and City of Waynesboro.
- These convenient exams at school are completely voluntary and there is no out-of-pocket cost to the family.
ORCAS Exams include:
- examination by a dentist
- safe dental x-rays
- fluoride varnish
- sealants as determined to be appropriate by the dentist
- goodie bag containing a toothbrush and toothpaste
- a treatment plan for the parent detailing the child’s oral health and recommending any additional care needed
- follow-up calls are made to the family to answer the parent’s questions and ensure each student has a “Dental Home” to provide ongoing oral health care
"Bringing Oral Health Care to Children at School"